RISE to Success with Resource Financial Services
Resource Financial Services was founded on the belief that buying a home should be a happy, hassle-free experience. We insist on putting people first and empower every employee to do what is right for our customers.
Working here is like being part of a large, caring family. We combine hard work with fun in an atmosphere of respect and support that leads to opportunity and growth. Our compensation and benefits program will exceed your expectations. We offer highly competitive salaries and a strong support team to help you achieve your goals.
Why Work With Resource?
We love having the opportunity to give back to veterans with a rewarding career and we proudly hire military veterans for our team whenever possible. Ouremployees enjoy a fun and fast-paced work environment with a strong, supportive dedicated team. Come join us!
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental,vision and life insurance
- Company matched 401K (Roth and traditional, up to 4%)
- Excellent career growth opportunity
- Supportive, team-focused working environment
- Locally owned, in-house decision making, small business values
Be part of a vibrant and growing team. To apply: download, print and complete the job application below and mail it to Melissa Mallory, Resource Financial Services, 2717 Devine Street, Columbia, SC 29205. Or complete the downloaded pdf on your computer, save it to your desktop and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Experience: Banking, Financial Services, Sales, Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related field preferred
- Resource Mortgage Bankers are motivated individuals who understand the mortgage industry, underwriting and credit analysis. They establish relationships with local real estate agents, builders and residential customers and meet established loan quality and production goals.
- Process: Our in-house underwriting and 5 day processing get customers to closing day quicker – within 18 days from start to finish.
- Marketing: Mortgage bankers benefit from a strong brand that includes personal web pages, print and social media marketing and blogging.
- Job Requirements: Bankers must close a minimum of four loans each month. MLO license is required.
The VA Mortgage Loan Underwriter position is responsible for underwriting VA, Conventional, FHA, and USDA loans following established company, agency and investor guidelines. The underwriter evaluates mortgage loan files and assesses risk based on compliance, agency, investor, and company guidelines to ensure salability with minimal loss. Individuals in this role are required to keep current with regulatory and market changes. Ideal candidates will be service-focused with superior time-management and communication skills, have the ability to multi-task, and possess keen attention to detail.
- Complete thorough analysis of mortgage loan files to determine compliance with agency, company and investor guidelines to ensure salability of closed loans
- Review resubmitted files and documents
- Make and issue independent compliant loan decisions
- Maintain company service level and turn-time standards
- Respond to audits and post-closing issues in a timely manner
- Maintain working knowledge of agency and investor guidelines and policies
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience underwriting with strong credit, collateral, and risk analysis background
- Strong analytical decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment
- Aptitude for maintaining professional relationships with coworkers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills